Paul's Austin Adventure!

Friday, December 03, 2004

It's 4:30AM, do you know where your beer is?

So once again, I have stayed up way past my bedtime. I'm supposed to be working on an engineering project, quite possibly my last one for my college career, but as always my attention span rivals that of a disinterested 2-year-old. Committing yourself to an allnighter is quite easy: take a few naps during the day, polish off a few caffeinated beverages of choice (this week: Diet Coke), and have something that you can procrastinate from doing. So once again, for the third time this week, a sleep schedule is anything but that for me.

I started this blog because I realized I quickly filled up my AIM profile with junk and I never had enough room to keep interesting stuff on there for long. I enjoy the forced brevity of AIM profiles, as it forces your thoughts into clear, short bits that are interesting for the compulsive away message checkers out there.

The other reason this is here is to document my upcoming trip to Australia. I have never kept a log book or a journal in my life before, and I realized that my memory simply isn't very good. I think. So this will help me avoid telling the same stories over and over again ("Just look at my blog!") and will serve the dual purpose of reminding me what has happened.

I'll also post some interesting stories and tidbits, including my infamous skiing accident, job interviews, travels, humorous observations, pictures, and what have it.

I think Mathcad is calling me, so I will leave you with this fascinating link:
http:// www.howtofoldashirt.net. I promise you will be amazed. And it's a great party trick.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home