Paul's Austin Adventure!

Monday, April 04, 2005

Backkkk in the USA

It's been a crazy 3 months. I am enlightened, and damn proud to be an American. Sure, we might have our shortcomings, but when you factor in everything, this is the best country to come home to.

GREAT MOVIES: Just got back from watching Sin City. Wow. What a fantastic movie! The main thing I look for in the theatre these days is freshness and a story that stays a step ahead of me. This more than accomplished that. The violence and sexuality just add a nice touch. Most definitely not a good one for the kids, but it leaves quite a mark. That's all I'll say about it. See it.

MEDIOCRE MOVIES: While on the topic of movies, don't see Robots. It's a kids movie, and nothing more. I was hoping with the star-studded cast, especially Robin Williams whom I love, that it would be a smash. Instead, it's just a weak comedy that falls flat with cliche jokes and a dull plot. The animation and eye-candy are absolutely brilliant, styled in the manners of Rube Goldberg. I would have been content to watch it with some music in the background.

Now that I'm back eating quality (and fattening) American food, I have a bad feeling that I'm going to quickly replace any weight that I may have lost while (not) eating lousy New Zealand and Australian food.

Don't get me wrong, the Pacific has many redeeming qualities, but their cuisine definitely isn't one of them. This is probably related to their British heritage...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home