Paul's Austin Adventure!

Sunday, December 12, 2004

The messy room ain't so messy anymore

MOVED OUT: Well, it had to happen at some point. I'm officially moved out of the fraternity house and off of Georgia Tech's campus. I think I've made good use of my time here, but as everyone knows you can't overstay your welcome... by too long anyway. I already had a bonus semester and will be starting my second bonus semester in Australia in a few weeks.

The experience is bittersweet, I'm extremely excited about the opportunities ahead, but of course I am already starting to miss the good ol' times in the House. To be honest, I thought I would be pretty upset while moving out, but I'm not really, because either it feels right or it's just going to be a delayed reaction. I think it would have been harder if I did it earlier, before most of my friends left.

I had a lot of people doubting I could move what was left in my room in one truck load. I am proud to announce that once again, I have triumphed. Pictures will be coming soon, but my poor Ford Ranger definitely looked like that scene from Beverly Hillbillies. It was ridin' low too. Getting up past 70mph on the interstate was a challeng, with the giant wind sail in the bed that was my closet rack. There will be pictures posted soon (as soon as I get my server back online).

GO DJ: While we're on the topic of Lasts, I DJed my last party of the semester at some house party over in Piedmont. It was a blast as always, although it took a little later for all the hotties to show up and start dancing. This crowd was fickle, they only wanted to hear the hip hop songs they knew--they weren't interested in the really new stuff with good beats.

What made this party special was it was the first time I've been shut down by the cops. Yes, apparently you can have too much boom-tisk. Or at least the neighbors thought so. It happened at 2:30 AM, so I wasn't too upset.

Maybe one day I'll get a job spinning in a club. That would be a blast. DJ Paul, rockin da decks!

PAPER, ROCK, SADDAM: So I stole this link from Bela (who knows who she stole it from). Pretty cute.

JOKE OF THE DAY: Okay, admittedly not a clean one, but I heard Rodney Dangerfield say this on TV the other day and it cracked me up.

"I'm so ugly, I went to the protcologist and he stuck his finger inside my mouth!"

I was getting a combination of weird looks and good laughs from telling that at Bela's party the other night...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home